Why you need to take care of your skin every day
The condition of the skin is partly a function of genetics. Some people are born with no acne problems, while others have to work hard to keep their cheeks shiny and their noses free of inflammation. However, care is important for both.
Every day the epidermis faces a lot of adverse external influences. Proper daily care helps to neutralize these effects, maintain skin tone and healthy appearance.
General rules for maintaining healthy facial skin
Different skin types need different approaches to cleansing, toning and moisturizing.
However, there are rules that apply to everyone:
- self-care should take place on a regular basis. Your skin needs cleansing, moisturizing and nourishing every day;
- product with an SPF factor should be present in your care year-round. UV rays negatively affect the skin both in summer and winter
- diet, sleep and bad habits also affect the condition of the epidermis.
The stages of facial care are the same for all skin types, only the cosmetic products used differ.
Cleansing - clean your face twice a day: in the morning and in the evening. While we sleep, the skin is actively regenerating and secretes sebum and sweat, so you should also use a cleansing gel in the morning, not just rinse your face with water. In the evening, you will need a makeup remover to remove street dust and makeup from your face - if you use it.
Gentle peeling - it helps to remove dead epidermal particles and prevents black spots and pimples. It smoothes the skin, facilitating penetration of beneficial ingredients into the deeper layers. The regularity depends on the skin type: for oily and combination skin one or two treatments per week, for normal skin one treatment per week, for dry skin one treatment per two weeks.
Toning - restores the skin's natural pH level, neutralizes the effects of cleansers and prepares it for the next step - moisturizing. Apply the product to a cotton pad and gently wipe your face before applying the cream.
Moisturizing - daily moisturizing can prevent dryness, sagging and premature wrinkles. Daily moisturizing can prevent dryness, sagging and premature wrinkles. Look for aloe, hyaluronic acid, urea and glycerin.
- Nourishing - to nourish your skin, you need products with active ingredients like vitamins, amino acids and lipids. External factors can thin the protective barrier, leading to redness and flaking. To nourish your skin, you need products with active ingredients like vitamins, amino acids and lipids.
- Facial masks - contain an increased concentration of ingredients to combat dryness, dehydration, inflammation and other problems. Using masks a couple of times a week can reduce signs of fatigue and restore the skin.