Day cream is an indispensable thing in everyday care. A properly selected product will help maintain the health and beauty of the skin, as well as protect it in cold and heat. We will tell you how to choose a cream and not make a mistake.
Focus on your skin type
Anyway, any day face cream is designed for a certain type of skin to balance its condition.
For normal type, light products and fluids are suitable. Avoid oily textures. The same applies to oily skin - it is shown light textures with a matting effect.
Dry type needs full hydration and protection, and therefore it is worth choosing dense and nourishing creams. For owners of combination skin it is better to buy two creams: light for the T-zone and denser for cheeks and cheekbones.
If you have sensitive skin, you should pay attention to delicate products with hypoallergenic composition. Avoid thick products, as they can cause acne. We recommend choosing creams with antioxidants, as they help fight inflammation.
Take into account the age
Cosmetic brands have their own products for each age. If the manufacturer indicates the age category, do not ignore it. Young skin is able to independently fill the lack of certain substances, maintaining a healthy appearance and tone. With age, it becomes more difficult, so cosmetics for older age groups are saturated with antioxidants and other active substances. Their excess will not make your skin better, but can vice versa cause unpleasant consequences.
Up to 25 years old you can use a universal day cream. Category up to 35 should pay attention to cosmetics that protect against the first wrinkles. For the group 35-45 + suitable regenerating creams that will successfully cope with age-related changes, while maintaining youthfulness and elasticity of the skin.
Consider the time of year
The season affects many things. In particular, cosmetics with a higher SPF filter are necessary for the summer period, especially in the first weeks of strong sun.
Learn the composition of cream
- Buy the cream in cosmetic stores where temperature conditions are observed. Make sure that the packaging is not damaged.
- Test the product to avoid a possible allergic reaction. Before using on the face, apply it on the wrist or elbow crook.
- Store the cream in a cool place away from sunlight.
- Do not use the product after the expiration date. Also, a stop signal for use is a heterogeneous texture, liquid discharge and odor change.
- Apply day cream regularly - this is the only way you can fully take care of your skin and be pleasantly surprised by the positive result.