Shampoos, balms, conditioners, serums and lotions - you can get lost in the abundance of jars on the shelves. It's good when you know exactly what you need. For example, restoration and protection of color in the name of beauty!
Why you need a special balm for colored hair
Normally, shampoo and tap water, which is full of chemicals, lift the scales of the hair cuticle, which leads to a rapid washout of the color shade. A conditioner (or conditioner) to preserve color is needed to smooth the cuticle, seal the pigments inside and maintain their durability.
Modern balm for colored hair doesn't just protect the color, it nourishes and cares for it. This type of product adds radiance to color-treated hair to make it look bright, beautiful, and healthy, and prolongs the effects of salon treatments like keratin, Botox, and collagen restoration. And some formulas are capable of tinting. For cool shades against bleached curls, this is especially relevant, since the artificial pigment is slightly washed out with each wash, revealing a lightening background with warm undertones. Professional pigmented balms neutralize unwanted undertones (yellow, red or red) and enhance the beautiful color nuance.
What to choose: conditioner for colored hair or conditioner? There is almost no difference between these products. It is believed that balm is more nourishing in its composition, but more often the name of the format of rinsing care depends only on the marketing concept of a particular brand.
How to choose a balm to maintain the color of colored hair
- Of course, to choose a balm to preserve and protect the color of colored hair, you want the best and most effective. How to approach the purchase correctly? Look at what is important to pay attention to.
- It is desirable to choose a conditioner from the same range as the shampoo, so you will achieve the maximum effect in preserving the brightness and saturation of color.
- Experts recommend to be guided by the needs of the strands. For example, a balm for dry, colored hair should be intensely moisturizing, as well as the shampoo.
- Oils (both vegetable and mineral), UV-filters, glycerin, hyaluronic acid and silicones are only welcome in the list of components. These substances contribute to color protection.
- Natural antioxidants and vitamins with antioxidant action stop the process of oxidative stress and allow preventing the fading of the shade of colored hair.
- Look for vitamin E, polyphenols, resveratrol and plant extracts in formulations.
- When looking for pigmented hair cosmetics, pay attention to manufacturers' recommendations. Purple conditioners are suitable for neutralizing yellowing on high-tone blondes, blue-purple - for blond shades, means with green pigments - for brown hair and brunettes.
- Balms with a very high concentration of pigments are not designed to neutralize, but to give the hair a particular shade. About them we will also tell further.
A good balm or conditioner will make curls soft as silk and protect them from rapid color loss. Check out professional cosmetics and specialty ranges - our selection includes only the best conditioners for colored hair
Condition and detangle dehydrated hair with Moroccanoil® Hydrating Conditioner. This gentle, daily-use formula leaves hair smoother, more manageable and easier to style. Infused with antioxidant-rich argan oil, Vitamins A and E and moisture-attracting red algae for optimal hydration for all hair types--from normal to dry hair. Color-safe. Sulfate-free, phosphate-free and paraben-free.
Restore damaged hair caused by color, chemical processing or heat styling. Moroccanoil® Moisture Repair Conditioner gently and effectively detangles and conditions the hair to leave it hydrated, manageable and strong. Its highly concentrated, reparative formula restores hair's health, moisture and elasticity with antioxidant-rich argan oil, reconstructive keratin and fatty acids. Color-safe. Sulfate-free, phosphate-free and paraben-free.
A highly-moisturizing, reparative conditioner for all hair types.
Leaves hair easier to manage, shinier and healthier with each use. Protects and repairs damaged hair, split ends, and frizz by re-linking broken bonds. It is color-safe and will strengthen and leave your hair stronger than ever.
Restores for dry and hair damaged by chemical processing, color or heat styling.Enriched with Hemp oil, Castor oil, Argan oil and Dead Sea Minerals that are promotes hair growth and controls hair breakage.This conditioner makes your hair smooth, shiny and frizz free, providing nourishment and protection for your hair from heat, dirt and pollutants. It also helps reduce split ends. The result is totally smooth, silky and shiny hair!