The main types of facial skin and their signs
The beauty of your skin is not possible without proper care, but it will give results only if the cosmetics match your skin type.
Normal skin type
People with normal skin are the envy of people who do not have black dots and oily shine, they are unfamiliar with peeling and tightness. You don't need much to take care of this kind of skin:
- daily cleansing;
- regular exfoliation;
Dry skin type
It's easy to tell if you have dry skin. Most of the time, there's virtually no pores to be seen and no greasy shine. On the one hand, that's great: no shine, no problem. But on the other hand, that's the problem: sebaceous glands work poorly, hence the acute lack of lipids and, therefore, protection. Characteristics of dry skin:
- with a noticeable grid of capillaries;
- sensitive to changes in temperature.
Oily skin type
It's impossible to mistake this skin type for another. More often than not:
- Oily skin begins to shine almost immediately after washing;
- It has noticeably enlarged pores;
- It is prone to rashes and inflammation.
Make sure you're taking good care of your problem skin.
Combination skin type
Most people have this type of skin. You are one of them if you have:
- Your skin is oily in the T-zone (forehead, nose, chin);
- The rest of your skin is normal.
Sensitive skin type
It can be identified by the following signs:
- It is characterized by increased irritability;
- Redness in response to most cosmetic products;
- It adversely tolerates temperature changes;
- Detects peeling, tightness, itching.
How to determine your skin type
To find out exactly what your skin type is, just sit down in front of a mirror and look closely at your reflection.
- Enlarged pores and lots of black spots on your T-zone? Most likely oily skin.
- Pores are almost invisible, but areas on the cheeks are dry? Dry skin.
- Pores are invisible on the face but prominent on the T-zone? These are signs of combination skin.
- None of the above? Great! Your skin is close to perfect-i.e., normal skin.