No girl needs to explain how much depends on the kind of hair that nature has given us. There are either a lot of them (and they do not fit into any neat hairstyle), or little (and it is almost impossible to give them volume); or they are soft, like a baby, and do not hold their shape, and they are also difficult to resist external negative influences. In short, women's hair is a real Pandora's box. But with one problem we will learn how to deal with right now! We have collected the most effective methods of how to make hair stiff, learned where to do it best.
How to make hair stiff without harming it: rules for healthy hair
The healthier our curls are, the better they look and the more resistant they are to the hardships of life: a hot hair dryer, a tight-fitting hat, the cold outside. One of the signs of healthy hair is its normal stiffness, which is usually acquired in the process of growing up, but for some curls are still "childish. What to do in this situation?
Hair can indeed be made tougher, a little thicker in structure and thicker, if the problem is not genetics.
Start with the simplest thing - with an audit of your hair care products: go to the bathroom and look closely at the tubes and cans of the products you use regularly.
Check the following parameters.
- Your hair type: shampoo and other products should be chosen exactly for your hair type (dry or oily, colored or bleached, etc.).
- Not just shampoo: In addition to cleaning, your locks need nourishment and moisture, so your arsenal should include not only shampoo, but a suitable conditioner, hair and scalp mask, and nourishing oil.
- A comb: Strange as it may seem, this accessory is very important. If you use an inappropriate comb, the problem of excessive hair softness can be greatly exacerbated.
Nutrition and vitamins
As you know, it is important to influence any problem in a complex way - from the inside and outside. We've already talked about external influence, but now let's move on to the internal mechanisms.
Scientists say that the state of skin and hair is influenced by many things: gastrointestinal problems, thyroid gland and the hormones it produces, mineral and vitamin balance. Dietitians, for example, advise to start with a dietary system, picking up the one that suits you and proceeding from the principle of a balanced diet, in no case excluding from the daily menu healthy fats - which help us look attractive (avocados, fatty fish, olive oil).
But taking a vitamin complex, one-time or long-term course, without the control of a therapist is extremely undesirable.
There is a myth that professional cosmetics are no better than mass-market, only more expensive. This is not entirely true: there are certainly good and effective products among non-professional ones, and professional cosmetics are not always a panacea.
However, salon lines of hair cosmetics have an important bonus: they are developed individually to solve a particular problem. That is, while most mass-market products are relatively universal, a professional product will act pinpointed - and with a more pronounced result due to the concentrated formulas.
Salon beauty rituals
If you decide to take your lack of hair stiffness seriously, talk to your hair stylist, who can tell you which beauty rituals are right for you. For example, he can recommend a series of nourishing thickening masks or procedures based on colorless coloring, compacting hair - a solution suitable for those who do not plan to change the shade of curls.
How to quickly make soft hair stiffer and thicker at home
We've selected the gentlest ways for women who want to quickly give their strands the hardness they need before styling and make them look thicker.
- Don't use conditioner after washing: conditioner smooths the scales of the hair, leaving it smooth and soft. Forgetting this once-in-a-lifetime beauty ritual won't hurt your style, but it'll leave it more secure and sure as hell won't fall apart.
- Spray on wet hair: a finishing spray is used to finish the style, but in your case it can be applied to the curls immediately after washing and then blow-drying. The varnish dries the hair, which gives it stiffness and manageability.
- Get a saline or sugar spray. There are good, functional sprays in the professional hair styling segment. They are simply indispensable in creating the famous surf curls with a typical "sea" texture - stiff and lush.
- A colorless henna mask can help flatten hair strands, making it easier to achieve great-looking curls. Note: This tip is only for untreated hair!
- Use a dry shampoo once in a while. It creates a tightness effect at the roots.