Vitamin C is the component used in cosmetology to fight wrinkles, pigment spots, and skin elasticity. This antioxidant is rightly called the main beauty vitamin for the skin. In the production of cosmetics for face and body care, the vitamin is added to creams, masks, ampules for the face, and even powder for internal use. We tell you how vitamin C works in cosmetics and why it is worth buying cosmetics that contain this antioxidant.
Useful properties of vitamin C
The first thing we know about this vitamin is that it strengthens the immune system. But it is also worth noting other useful properties:
- Vitamin C, or L-ascorbic acid, is a powerful natural antioxidant. If your immune system is unable to fight viruses, it disarms viruses that damage cells.
- Has healing properties.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Helps absorb other vitamins in the body (such as B vitamins).
Effects of vitamin C on the skin
Cosmetics with vitamin C are important for facial skin because:
- They even out and lighten the tone of the face.
- Soothes inflammatory processes (including acne) and stimulates skin healing.
- Reduce pigmentation of all types and traces of post-acne.
- Improve the tone and relief of facial skin.
- Give the skin the necessary hydration.
- Restore a healthy glow to dull skin.
- Reduce the harmful effects of ultraviolet light on skin cells.
- Prevent thickening of the stratum corneum.
- Slow down the aging process from the sun.
How is vitamin C used in cosmetics?
Vitamin C can oxidize rapidly in the air. Therefore, cosmetics have recently learned to use this vitamin. In cosmetics, it is used as:
- L-ascorbic acid;
- magnesium ascorbyl phosphate.
Where to buy cosmetics containing vitamin C?
After a month of applying cosmetics that contain vitamin C, the skin looks younger, elasticity increases, wrinkles become less noticeable, pigment spots lighten. You can buy high-quality cosmetics with vitamin C in our online store. Good luck shopping, always stay young and beautiful.